Due to the high demand, this product may ship slower than usual. Please note that this product is non-returnable.
Simple, lightweight, robust and affordable, the EPV200 with Assist-Control is a portable mechanical ventilator designed to provide effective ventilation for intubated or non-intubated patients, maximizing medical surge response during the initial stages of a mass casualty event.
This gas-powered electronically-controlled vent is extremely easy to use, and is equipped with independent inspiratory time, tidal volume and BPM controls. It also features a built-in digital manometer and a full array of pre-set visual and audible safety alarms. The Assist-Control function triggers at less than -2 cm H2O to accommodate spontaneous breathing. The weather-resistant EPV200 will run for up to 48 hours on two D cell batteries, and is ideal for stockpiling or everyday use.
Features and Benefits
- Assist-Control operation accommodates conscious or semi-conscious patients via invasive or non-invasive ventilation. Assist Control ventilation is a volume-cycled mode of ventilation. It works by setting a fixed tidal Volume (VT) that the ventilator will deliver at set intervals of time or when the patient initiates a breath. The VT delivered by the ventilator in assist control always will be the same regardless of compliance, peak, or plateau pressures in the lungs.
- Simple control interface enables treatment by a broad range of caregivers during medical surge or routine transport.
- Lightweight durable construction is ideal for use in transport ventilation or stockpiling
- Low maintenance and accessory cost ensure a low cost of ownership.
- Must be used with an oxygen source - either with oxygen concentrator or oxygen tank.
- Positive end expiratory pressure (PEEP), is a pressure applied by the ventilator at the end of each breath to ensure that the alveoli are not so prone to collapse. This 'recruits' the closed alveoli in the sick lung and improves oxygenation. So PEEP: Reduces trauma to the alveoli.
- EPV200 Unit
- (1) Single Use 6 ft Disposable Oxygen Hose
- (2) D Cell Batteries
- User Manual
- Ventilation Mode: Assist-Control
- Assist-Control: Triggers at less than -2 cm H2O
- Flow Rate: 12-36 LPM
- Breathing Rate: Adjustable. 0, 5-30 breaths per minute.
- Tidal Volume: Adjustable. 200-1200 ml
- Inspiratory Time: Selectable. 1 or 2 seconds
- PEEP: External. 0-20 cm H2O (with PEEP adapter)
- FiO2: 100%
- Manometer Readout: Digital. 0-99 cm H2O
- Airway Pressure Limit: Fixed. 60 cm H2O
- High Airway Pressure: Fixed. 45 cm H2O
- Low Airway Pressure/Circuit Disconnect: Fixed. 9 cm H2O
- Low Source Gas: Fixed. Activities at approx. 40 psi (275 kPa)
- Low Battery: Activates when approx. 2 hours run time remain.
- Alarm Volume: Approx 60 dB at 1 meter
- Alarm Silence: Yes 110 Seconds
- Power Source: Pneumatic with electronic controls and alarms
- Power Input: Pneumatic. 40-87 psi O2 and 2 D cell batteries
- Internal Battery Type: D cell batteries
- Operating Time: Based on average adult settings of 10 BPM, 640 ml tidal volume, 2 second inspiratory time.
- Oxygen: Dependent on source capacity. Approx. 65 on D cylinder.
- Battery Life: 48 hours of continuous use.
- Dimensions: 3.5" x 7.0" x 9.3" (88.9 mm x 177.8 mm x 236.2 mm)
- Weight: 3.1 lbs (1.4 kg) with batteries
- Operating: -15 to 122° F (-9 to 50°C)
- Storage: -40 to 140° F (-40 to 60°C)
- Enclosure: ABS plastic with seals to prevent water ingress
- Shock Resistance: 30" drop
- Vibration Resistance: 100 G
- Water Resistance: Spill and rain resistant
- 1-Year Warranty